Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Prodigal Daughter Returns, and Alcoholic Cupcakes

The Prodigal Daughter Returns, and Alcoholic Cupcakes

And I'm back. What? It wasn't really that long, atleast it didn't feel like it was that long. This year has been C-R-A-Z-Y! New job, "finishing" my degree, got a car. I don't think that I have ever been so busy in my life. Okay, maybe in Sherut Leumi I was busier, but back then I had much fewer responsibilities so I guess I didn't feel the pressure. That's not to say I didn't bake, I most certainly have been baking this whole time, and taking pictures, and posting those pictures to Facebook, just not fulfilling my blogbilities. Sorry. But now, with the end of the school year looming close, I suddenly have managed to balance everything and find some time for myself, which I will attempt to fill with this blog.

So, without further ado, I present to you:

Chocolate Red Wine Cupcakes with Red Wine Buttercream


This week one of my room mates threw a party to celebrate her health. It's been a year since she overcame an illness and in true Jewish style she decided that it is only proper to celebrate it with wine and food. These cupcakes have a lot of meaning behind them both for me and for my room mate. For me, finding this recipe and making these cupcakes has made me fall in love with baking all over again and given me the push I needed to restart this blog. For my room mate they both the process and taste of the cupcakes perfectly describe her, not to say her obsession with chocolate and wine. She is one of those people who really tries to do all she can for others. When I burned the red wine syrup the first time and realized that between work and the gym I wouldn't have time to make it again before the party, without hesitation she said she would make it. Whether it be staffing Birthright trips or just washing the dishes, she really tries to help wherever she can. The frosting is also a good representation of her, sweet and delicious with a kick, and she certainly has a kick. Though I only met her this year, we became fast friends and I'm sure we will remain so.


In order to not anger my trainer I only had half a cupcake but it was sooooo good. I'm just going to give a link for the recipe because she explains it better than I could. Don't freak out, like I did, when the cupcakes collapse after being taken out of the oven, that's supposed to happen. Enjoy! Chocolate Red Wine Cupcakes with Red Wine Buttercream

For some reason it won't upload all of my pictures so I'll try again later. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. i tried to read the title to avi and it came out: red wine clupcakes with wet wine buttercream :) oh dyslexia...

    ReplyDelete